Ah, the other side. The other side of the lake, the other side of a door, the other side of the tracks, the other side of the mountain, the other side of the world, the other side of a certain age. The view is pretty nice over here!
Saturday, July 12, 2003
Playing
With
Books
I've been an on-again off-again scrapbooker for oh, about ten years now. There are lots of peripheral crafty type things that go along with scrapbooking: stampworks, tag art, and altered books, to name a few. (Note to self: just hit post instead of post and publish when you're saving an in-progress post. Sheesh.) And of course I have to dabble with all of them. Operative word, dabble.
So the last time I was in Pages In Time, picking out a wondrous assortment of scrapbooking papers and elements, I picked up Altered Books 101. It's a neat guidebook that stresses that there is no wrong way to alter a book and gives many many options to experiment with. And so, I have commenced altering a book. I chose an old Western Civ book, entitled Civilization. Yep. That's right. I'm altering civilization.
101 does point to an Altered Book List at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/altered books. I haven't checked it out yet.
I'm having a little trouble placing eyelets. Any crafters out there that can share a secret or two?